Biography And Profile Of Professor Funmilayo Adesanya – Davies
Funmi started her academic journey at Saint Clare’s Grammar School, Offa.
Afterwards, she enrolled at Queen Elizabeth Secondary School, Ilorin, Kwara State.
Marriage And Personal Life
Mrs Adesanya-Davies served on sabbatical, as a Dean at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences of Regent University of Science and Technology, Accra.
Adesanya-Davies was also employed as a Visiting Professor to the University of Cape Coast Cape Coast, Ghana.
Mercy facilitates Seminars and Workshops for Longman Pearson, Seminar Presentations and Workshops in Port Harcourt, and Cinefores, Brainfriend Project, Lagos, Nigeria.
She has over one hundred national and international published articles and poems to her credit and has delivered several scholarly, professional and public lectures in Nigeria, Africa, UK, Europe, United States, Canada, etc. (within and outside Nigeria.
Mercy is a member of; The British Association for Applied Linguistics (UK), Internationale de Linguistiquee (AILA), International Phonetics Association, UK.,, Linguistic Association of Nigeria (LAN) Nigeria, The Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), and Teachers Registration Council (TRC) Nigeria etc.
Mrs Adesanya-Davies also serves as External Examiner supervising Doctoral dissertations, for the School of Postgraduate Studies, uniiversity of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Church And Pastoral Career
- Creative Work
Nigerian copy right permits on Audio Bible in Pidgin English and major Nigerian languages in 2000, adopted by UN-POLAC
International Peace Advocates in December, 2015.
A Contrastive Analysis of Focus in English
and Yoruba (2002)
An Analysis of Yoruba Students’
Performance in Written English (2002)
Investigating the Language of Mathematics
Problems Encountered by Yoruba Speakers
Learning English Cleft Constructions (2007)
Vocabulary Assessment of Second
Language Learners in Selected Primary
Schools in Nigeria & Ghana and its
Implications on Reading and Writing. In
International Journal of Current Research in
Humanities (IJCRH). George Padmore
Research Library on African Affairs. Accra-
Ghana. 3. 23-35. (2008)
A Survey of Proofreading Errors in Students’
Project in Second Language Learning. In An
International Journal of Contemporary Issues
in Education & Psychology (AIJCIEP).
Today’s World Advertising and Publishing
Company. Toronto, Ontario. Canada.1:3.
Adesanya, M.O., Phillip Arthur Gborsong &
Martin Segtub 2010. A Linguistic Study of
Electronic Media Advertisements in Ghana.
In Journal of the Linguistic Association of
Nigeria (JOLAN). 13:1. 27-38.
Adesanya, M.O. & Ibode, Osa Felix 2010.
Effects of the Use of Information
Communication Technology (ICT) on
Students’ Achievement in English Lexis and Structure.
International Baccalaureate Organization(Ibo)
and the Anglophone West Africa. (2010)
A Study of Yoruba Students’ Performance in
Errors with Emphasis on Focus
Adesanya, M.O. The Speeches of President
Goodluck Jonathan: An Appraisal.
The Jonathan/Sambo Presidency in Nigeria:
A Symbol of Peace, Unity and Progress
Writing of Students in English as Second
Language (ESL) Situation: University of
Education Faculty of Humanities Journal:
ICHEKE Journal of the Faculty of Humanities
Port Harcourt. 10:2. 13-22.
Language in Societal Transformation: On the
National Language Question in the
Multilingual Nigerian Nation, African Journal
of Professional Research and Development
(AJPRHD) University of Education Port
– Bomb Blasts (2013)
– To All Boko Harams (2013)
– Oh Boko Haram !!! (2013)
– Labour Pains (2013)
– NIGERIA-The Land of My Birth (2013)
– The Nomads (2015)
– The Lord God Almighty (2013)
– PSALM 121- Re-Write (2013)
– Divine Help (2013)
– ARISE OH WOMEN OF NIGERIA (2014)
– My Travel-Tips are MS (2014)
– A Sacrifice of Scandal!Why? (2014)
- Short Story
STOP BOKO HARAM IN NIGERIA: A POETIC DRAMA. (2014)
- Newspaper Article
The Chibok Girls and Dame Patience Jonathan: Our Legacies Fast Fading Away (2014)
- Spill Leadership Award for Education and Capital Development Drive in Nigeria (2012); Honors of Ambassador of Peace of Universal Federation of Peace (Nigeria Chapter) ( 2012) at the International day of Peace, with the Debate theme “Can there be Peace in our Region?”, The Best Adjudicator Award at the South-South Universities Debate Championship held at the University of Calabar, Nigeria in June, (2012), with the theme Nigerian Oil: In search of Good Governance;
- Human Capital Development and Good Governance Award (2013) of The Spill Magazine, Nigeria.
- UN-POLAC World Peace Ambassador Award (Amb.P.) 2013.
- Nigeria Woman of Excellence Merit Award, (WEMA) 2014 with the theme ‘Women Inspiring Positive Change’ in commemoration of international Women’s Day (IWD)
- African Achievers Merit Award by The Africa Media Excludes, Accra, Ghana, 2014;
- Great African Legacy Award by Noble Global News Magazine, Dubai, UAE, 2014.
- The Majesty Magazine’s Legend of Courage Award’, 2014.
- Positive Change’ in commemoration of international Women’s Day (IWD), 2014
- African Achievers Merit Award by The Africa Media Executives, Accra, Ghana, 2014
- Great African Legacy Award by Noble Global News Magazine, Dubai, UAE, 2014
- Nigeria Woman of the Year Award, Transcorp Hilton, Abuja, 2014
- Nelson Mandela Life of Legendary Achievement Medal Award, Dubai, UAE, 2014
- Kwara’s Foremost Scientists and Thinkers Award, Kwara State, Nigeria, 2015
- Catholic Daouses Merit Award, Erin-Ile, Kwara State, 2016
- Prestigious African Icon Legacy Award Johannesburg, South Africa, 2017.
- Universal Federation Ambassador of Peace Award. Nigeria
- The Best Adjudicator Award- South–South University Debate Championship, University of Calabar
- Human Capital Development and Good Governance Award, Abuja, Nigeria
- Legend of Courage Award, Merit house, Abuja, Nigeria
- UN-POLAC World Peace Ambassador Award (Amb.P.) Merit house, Abuja, Nigeria
- Nigeria Woman of Excellence Merit Award, (WEMA), with the theme ‘Women Inspiring
- World Ambassador For Christ Award (WAFC ) 2017.